Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Airport Art - China in San Francisco




I live near enough to San Francisco that I don't generally consider a stop-over at SFO to be anything special. It's just another airport to me.

But as I was racing down the slidewalk from my arrival terminal to my departure terminal, the glass cases in the middle walkway caught my eye. Once I was oriented on my departing terminal and had a firm grasp of departure time, I made a side trip back. Towing my suitcase and briefcase, with one hand, I began to master the art of one-handed photography with a touch-screen cell phone. This is not for the faint of heart.

Much to my delight, I had stumbled upon a beautiful display of modern and historical chinese art.










The traveling exhibition is called
Hidden Meanings: Symbolism in Chinese Art and I was fortunate enough to be in the right place at the right time to enjoy the show.




















No comments:

Post a Comment