Thursday, June 16, 2011

Arriving in Vancouver

My first arrival at the Vancouver airport was an unexpected pleasure.

The flight was not especially pleasant. From Seattle, I boarded a plane so small I could not carry on my own luggage; the attendant checked it at the airplane. Small planes are very noisy and because of turbulence there was no beverage service. When we landed, I had to carry my luggage up 2 flights of stairs from the tarmac to the terminal. Then a seemingly interminable ride up two very long escalators.

But the destination was worth the journey.


When you enter the airport proper, it is a magical moment.
You hear the ocean roar and the seaguls call. You find yourself surrounded by exotic Indian artifacts. Trees line the walkway and peace descends upon your soul. Welcome to Vancouver, the ocean calls.




















No comments:

Post a Comment