Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Lima Cheese Cake

I am a big cheesecake fan. The Cheesecake Factory is a frequent destination for both pleasure and business dining. In my younger days, a friend tried to bride me to audition for Bard of Cynaugua by promising me cheesecakes at every performance.

So naturally when saw this desert at the Inversiones la Rioja, I had to try it.

Lima Cheese Cake
Warm, with forest fruits lacquered in a purple corn sauce. Served with traditional cinnamon ice cream.


My only hesitation was the ice cream. I love cinnamon in baked goods like Cinnabons, but I don't care for it at all in candies like Red Hots.


I was not disappointed. The cheesecake was lightly fried for a crunchy exterior. The ice cream was rich, creamy and very smooth. The cinnamon permeated the ice cream perfectly and was very satisfying. And the forest fruits had an undefinable exotic flavor that complemented the cheesecake. An extremely satisfying variation on my favorite desert theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment