Monday, July 18, 2011

Breakfast Buffet at the Marriotts - Lima

 I travel quite a bit and many hotels offer a breakfast buffet. But the breakfast buffet at the Marriott's is unrivaled in my experience.
Imagine, for breakfast, dishes like Pollo a la Caciatore (Chicken Cacciatore), Trucha con Mantequilla negra y Alcaparres (Trout, black butter and capers sauce), Champignoses Galopera (sauteed Galopera mushrooms), Aleman de Nueces y Pasas (a German bread with nuts and raisins), Chirimoya (apple custard). There were at least five different kinds of cheeses and two types of olives plus a wide variety of breads and cakes. It included fruits both common and exotic like pineapple, melons that looked like cantaloupe but taste very different, and a green fruit with seeds called tuna.
The sausages were almost too much for me. I've heard of blood sausage, but I'd never seen it before. The dish was full of purple crumbles and I just could not bring myself to try it. It just looked wrong! But on the other end of the buffet were some colorful sausage links that I did try. They were quite tasty, each a little different in spicing.
The buffet was so satisfying and generous, I found myself skipping lunch a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment