Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Blueberry Cheesecake at Max's in Auburn

I called my good friend and invited her to lunch. As always, she found an excuse to treat me. It happened to be my birthday, so I couldn't say no. We went to a nice restaurant in Auburn called Max's. Although I'd seen the restaurant for a few years, I always seemed to wind up at the In and Out Burgers instead. We had a wonderful sandwich but the dessert was superb. The artistry of the arrangement with the chocolate swirl was simple and elegant. The cheesecake was creamy and delicious. And the blueberries were a perfect accent, a sweet contrast to the creamy cheesecake. Cost was in line with the quality of the treat.

However, if chocolate is more your preference, do try the brownie. Have you ever experienced chocolate collapsium? Imagine a brownie with more chocolate than it is possible to squeeze into a square that size. But you don't have to imagine it, you can drop by Max's and enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment